Thursday, December 20, 2012

Learning detachment: first sale!



Snowstorm approaching, watercolour
I took a five-day introduction to watercolour class at The Haliburton School of the Arts, with teacher Marta Scythes. A fabulous five-day oasis of being able to create and learn, with a fantastically gifted instructor.

I learned many techniques including how to render washes of colour, and use of “magic dust” aka salt.

This is the first painting I have sold – and it taught me “detachment” because I love this work! I exhibited it at Raymond Sander Regier’s Art Brûlant and Impressions gallery during his 2012 Christmas Stocking Stuffer show.

It conjures images of happy days spent at our family cottage, on the Black River watershed in the Pontiac region of the Outaouais (West Quebec).

No comments:

Post a Comment