Monday, March 9, 2009

Katharine’s ATCs to be exhibited in New Jersey

Eighteen of my ATCs will be exhibited as part of the Art in Hand: The World of Artist Trading Cards show at the historic Smithville Mansion Annex Art Gallery in Eastampton, New Jersey, USA April 4-29, 2009. It's my first international exhibit!

This Artist Trading Card (ATC), Japanese dreams, will be part of the show. I made it from textured acrylic paint swirled onto ordinary acrylic painted thickly on paper. After it dried (2 days) I peeled the paint off the paper, sticking onto fibrous “paper”. The two “chopsticks” are acrylic squiggles painted onto paper, then simply cut and woven into the fibrous backing. I brushed Mod Podge onto ATCs edges to stabilize them.

A prize of $100 per category will be awarded to “best mixed media”, “best abstract” etc. What fun! May the best cards win!

No comments:

Post a Comment