Monday, March 3, 2014

White-tail deer eating wild apples

Why I love where I live!


Driving along back roads of the Pontiac region of the Outaouais, where I live, often brings me face to face with the wildlife which shares my world.

Today I spied a white-tail deer feeding on a wild apple tree’s late harvest of fruit. I couldn’t believe my good fortune: I slowed my vehicle, prepped my iPhone, and approached the deer very slowly.

It was not sure what I was doing, and turned as if to slip away a few times. I simply paused, then crept forward, to finally win this image. No, it is not technically anywhere near “perfect” because I took it through my windscreen. However, it is an image depicting the spectacular beauty within which I live.

When I was simply too close for comfort, it slipped off into the woods of Gatineau Park.

No comments:

Post a Comment